Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Re : files permissions when using dumpcap with Multiple fi

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 09:15:18 -0800
You might try writing the files to a directory with the setuid or setgid bit(s)
set, along with the appropriate ownership.

In the next release (0.99.7), dumpcap will attempt to change the ownership of
capture files to that of the calling process.  This makes it possible to install
dumpcap setuid root and run Wireshark and TShark as a normal user, but it should
also work for your purposes.