Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Ethernet packets are less than 64 bytes

From: "Chad Dailey" <chad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 15:20:25 -0600
Network diameter should not exceed 512 bit-times (64 bytes) to ensure the collision detect mechanism operates correctly (14 bytes header, 46 bytes data, 4 bytes CRC).  This includes repeater hops and propagation delay.  For a bit more detail, search G0ogle books:  802.3 network diameter.  The Network Consultant's Handbook should pop up... probably page 66.