Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] [ANNOUNCE] WinPcap 4.0.2 has been released

From: "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 09:48:16 -0800
As of today, WinPcap 4.0.2 is available in the download section of the
WinPcap website, http://www.winpcap.org/install/ .

This maintenance release addresses a security vulnerability reported by the iDefense Labs in a soon-to-be-released advisory. Full details can be found in the change log attached at the end of this message.
Gianluca Varenni
WinPcap Team

Changelog from WinPcap 4.0.1

- Disabled support for monitor mode (also called TME, Table Management
 Extensions) in the driver. This module suffers from several security
vulnerabilities that could result in BSODs or privilege escalation attacks. This fix addresses a security vulnerability reported by the iDefense Labs. - Bug fixing: * Added a missing NULL pointer check in pcap_open() * Fixed a misplaced #ifdef WIN32 directive in pcap_open(). * Fixed a bug in the send routine of the driver that could cause a crash under low resources conditions. * Fixed a bug in the installer causing a mis-detection of a previous WinPcap installation * Minor cleanup of some #define directives in the driver (to disable
   the TME extensions).

=========