Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Firewall/Router LiveCD with Wireshark on board?

From: "Michael Richards" <biggusdiggus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 09:17:23 +0100
hello =)

I would like to ask if anyone knows a firewall/router distro that
runs without a hard disk and has Wireshark or a comparable network
sniffer (is there any?) already on board.

There are a few Live Distros that have Wireshark, e.g.

BackTrack
FreeSBIE
Network security toolkit
OWASP live cd
Fedora Security LiveCD
ADIOS live linux boot cd
Xfld
KCpentrix
Sectoo Linux.

However, these are either specialized forensic/pen testing distros
or full blown OSes and I don't know how good they are suited for
firewall/gateway purposes.

Best wishes, Michael

--
Real Estate Investment - Click NOW!