Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Error w/ Make command on CentOS 4.5 & wireshark-0.99.6

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 21:07:30 -0600
On Sat, Nov 03, 2007 at 10:43:28PM -0400, Steve West wrote:

> I'm trying to install just tshark to use wireshark via command line
> rather than a GUI.

> glib-1.2.10-15
> glib-devel-1.2.10-15
> glib2-2.4.7-1

> [root@bb wireshark-0.99.6]# ./configure --disable-wireshark
> --disable-gtk2 --enable-tshark

> erf.c:152: warning: const qualifier ignored on asm

By passing --disable-gtk2 on the configure line, you are also disabling
glib2 so it will use glib1.  The errors you are getting are caused by a
problem with glib1 itself.  There are two ways to get around this.
Either pass --disable-warnings-as-errors as an additional configure
option so these warnings don't stop compilation or remove the
--disable-gtk2 and install glib2 -devel.  I would recommend installing
glib2 -devel and removing --disable-gtk2.  By the way, the
--disable-wireshark disables building of the GUI Wireshark.

Steve