Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] R: R: R: Ipw3945 monitor mode

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 18:09:13 +0200
On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 05:53:49PM +0200, Massimo Palmeri wrote:
> Joerg, thank you for your reply.
> I fully agree with you. Probably I was not clear in exposing my problem:
> wireshark shows me frames not only from adjacent channels, but also from
> very far channels, such as channel 60.
> My problem is how to tell ipw3945 driver to stop scanning and listen to a
> single given channel.

I finally understand your problem. OK, I fully agree with you that this
behaviour isn't correct. If you find a solution that would work using
iwpriv or whatever please update the wiki or let us know so we may
update the wiki. Your best bet would probably be to ask that question
on the ipw3945 mailing list.

 ciao
        Joerg