Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] R: Ipw3945 monitor mode

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:23:17 +0200
On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 02:09:59PM +0200, Massimo Palmeri wrote:
> I agree with you, but this confirms my idea that my receiver is listening to
> many channels and not only to channel 9 as I would like; I say that because
> in the radiotap header I can read different channel numbers, but the frames
> come always from the same AP. My goal is to force my receiver in monitor
> mode to listen ONLY to one channel.

Well, you can always add a filter to make sure you only see the packets
that have the "right" channel number. My personal opinion is that I
prefer the behaviour of the ipw driver which records everything it
receives (okok, not everything but close to it) instead of applying
an additional filter to the received data steam.

 ciao
   Joerg