Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Ipw3945 monitor mode

From: "Palmeri Massimo" <MPalmeri@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 16:30:13 +0200
Hi,
I am using wireshark with intel 3945 802.11abg adapter and openSuse
Linux 10.3. I am trying to capture traffic in monitor mode with these
commands:
iwconfig eth1 mode monitor
iwconfig eth1 channel 9

It works, but I also see frames from other channels, as if the wireless
adapter is "scanning" instead of sticking to a single channel. I think
that in this way I will lose some frames from channel 9 when scanning
for other channels.
Is it possible to tell the 3845 adapter to stay always tuned to a single
channel (in my case, channel 9) ?
I also tried "iwpriv monitor 1 9" but the adapter is still "scanning".

Thank everybody for any help

Massimo