Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Need wireshark 0.99.7

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 00:08:21 -0500
On 10/25/07, DePriest, Jason R. <> wrote:
> On 10/24/07, Saravanan BV  wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I need wireshark 0.99.7 for fedora core 6.  Where to download that.   In all
> > the download i am gettting only wireshark 0.99.6.
> > Help me for wireshark 0.99.7.
> >
> > Thanks and regards,
> > SARAVANAN BV
>
> I don't think 0.99.7 is released yet.  You can download the source
> from SVN and compile it I guess.
>
> -Jason

Or check the Wireshark website and discover this

Download A Development Release
Source code packages and Windows installers are automatically created
each time code is checked into the source code repository. These
packages are available in the automated build section
(http://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/) of our download area.

like I just did.

You can download the latest SVN version of 0.99.7, but there aren't
any RPMs hosted.  So you'd still have to compile, but at least you
could skip the SVN setup.

-Jason

-Jason