Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] K12 capture file problems

From: "Luis EG Ontanon" <luis.ontanon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:16:04 +0200
On 10/24/07, Magnus Homann <magnus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have two things about the K12 capture file format, that seems to be bugs:
> 1) Saving as K12 saves as using 'ETHER' as protocol instead of 'ETHERNET'.
> Wireshark can not read its own files, unless you change it to 'ETHERNET'
> 2) It appears to me that the K12 capture file must be minimum 8K or so for
> Wireshark to read it.
>
> Is any of this a known problem, or else I'll report is as bugs.
That's two Bugs:

please attach example files (eventually make the atachments private),
and describe how to reproduce the problem thanks

the 8K thing that I can imagine its cause... although I do not
understand how did it passed the regression (there's more <8K files in
my test pool). However if you have a file <8K that you cannot read
please add it to the bug.

And the "ETHER" issue which you should explain better what's about,
because I honestly didn't understand it.

Luis

-- Marshall McLuhan