Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Exporting objects with invalid default filenames

From: "Mark G." <lists03@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 08:04:05 -0700
Good morning.

I am using Wireshark to capture a large number of JPEG2000 images from a web site. The captured images appear in the "export/objects/http" dialog with mime type "application/octet-stream". But their default filenames are invalid, having been created from the original HTTP GET request. So "save all" will not save these objects.

I can select them individually and save them, but then I have to wait while Wireshark reads through all the packets. This is tedious. Is there a way to automate this? I would like to instruct Wireshark to assign incremental filenames to the objects, but I see no way to accomplish this.

Perhaps this could be done with Tshark?

Thanks
-Mark