Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capture options

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:34:08 +0200
Henrik schrieb:
In Wireshark, capture options -> there is a dropdown menu of interfaces. When I select my MS loopback driver, there is also a list of 16 IP adresses below. I have about 30 IP addresses in my application. Does this mean that Wireshark only listens to 16 out of 30?
Wireshark only lists what it get's from WinPcap (and maybe cuts that list at some place if it's very long, to get it on the screen somehow) - but this list is for informational purposes only (to find the right interface if you have many of them) and not related to what is captured. WinPcap will capture on the selected interface regardless of any IP-adresses.

Regards, ULFL

P.S: Before you ask that kind of questions on the list, why don't you just try it out?!?