Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Problems capturing frames with a two vlan-stack

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 19:57:23 +0200
Hi,

The VLAN dissector has a 802.1QinQ preference. By default this is set to 9100. What happens if you change that to 8100?

Thanx,
Jaap

Jose Liste wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to capture frames that carry two vlan tags (both with etype x8100). For the actual capture, I have a passive copper tap connected to my laptop (Lenovo T60P with Intel Pro/1000 PL) with wireshark. The problem I am having is that I only see the outer-most vlan tag but not the inner one. The actual payload of the frame (ICMP) is shown correcltly. The inner-most vlan tag is not shown at all. I saw earlier email thread about someone not seeing the outer-most vlan (opposite of my observations). Any suggestions to fix this problem? Jose