Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] SMB file usage summary

Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:37:50 -0400
Is there a way to get an overview of all SMB traffic, broken down by file ID (or better yet, file name)? I'd even settle for a 3rd party add-on utility. For example, I've got 20mb (200k packets) of SMB data being sent, but there's no easy way to know which file(s) are the most heavily used.

If not, there are 2 places this could be incorporated. Under Statistics, the Protocol Heirarchy could have a list under SMB to break out each individual file. Or, the SMB's Service Response Time window could have a new pane for file ids, in addition to SMB Commands.

Without a list of the file id's and their usage, the IO Graphs are just guesswork, also.

Thanks,
Jim

ps. Sorry if this posts twice.