Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] windows standard SSL/TLS library not recognized by wireshark

From: Justin Seto <jseto@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 18:43:42 -0400

Hi,

I’m using the C++ SSL/TLS library to implement TLSv1.  When I capture packets, the SSL

Filter does not pick identify these packets as TLS.  The SSL filter works when I go to a bank

Web site to and scope packets on their TLS connection.

I have 2 questions.

1) Does anyone know if there is any issue with the MS C++ lib implementation of TLS?  I am not

Entirely certain that the SSL connection is operating correctly since the full TLS handshake

does not seem to be occurring.

 2) How does wireshark recognize a packet as belonging to the SSL/TLS protocol?

Thanks,

Justin