Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Understanding what I'm seeing

From: "Giles Coochey" <gcoochey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:47:48 +0200
> When http attempt is made to www.4thegame.com (213.160.120.1) all I
see
> is:
>
> Source		Destination	Protocol	Info
> 127.0.0.1	213.160.120.1	ICMP		Echo (ping) request

There is definitely something wrong with your network. You should never,
ever see a loopback address on an actual wire.

You are capturing on the right interface I take it?

I would probably uninstall both WinPcap and Wireshark and re-install.

The other time I had a problem with this type of thing I downloaded the
backtrack Linux iso (live cd) and ran Wireshark from that (to eliminate
Windows XP from the problem).

http://www.remote-exploit.org/backtrack.html