Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] [Fwd: Wireshark to K12 comparison]

From: Alain Ameaume <alain.ameaume@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:16:01 +0000 (UTC)
Luis EG Ontanon <luis.ontanon@...> writes:

> > Additional questions  :
> > - I don't succeed to build a  filter to isolate a complete TCAP
transaction based on "Original transcation
> id"  and "Destination transaction id" parameters ==> very, very, very
helpfull to  retrieve among several
> records one GSM MAP procedure (i.e. a complete "Update  Location" with
its "Insert Subscriber Data"
> messages)  + the same  request for a SCCP connected oriented procedure base
on "SCFid" (i.e. to follow  a
> complete BSSMAP call establishment from the Connection Request to the
Connection Release) : is it
> possible ? or do we have to imagine a macro  mechanism ?
>
> For SCCP I added connection oriented tracing a while ago (0.99.6 has it),
>
> Go to Preferences->Protocols->SCCP and set "Trace Associations", this
> creates a tree with information about all messages in a given
> connection. (sccp.assoc.id is a generated successive id for each
> connection).
>
> It is in my plans, to add the same capability to TCAP (not soon).
>
> Another missing feature is filter fields to get all messages from all
> connections given
> a given IMSI or some other useful identifiers.
>
> Which other Identifiers you think would be useful?
>
> Luis

Ok, thanks for the SCCP connection follow-on using association id ...

For TCAP transaction, one suggestion :
- Is it possible to add more significant informations in the statistic
tool "Menu/Statistics/GSM/etc...", like the trace record number ? + ...
the "Source Local Reference (SRF)", the "Destination Local Reference (DRF)",
the "Source Transaction Id", the "Destination Transaction Id" ?  ==> by this
way, it will become possible to isolate one SCCP connection or one TCAP
transaction, which will be very helpfull to analyze malfunctions in Mobile
Network.
- AND as a complement feature : Is it possible to save in a file (text, csv or
excel style type) the statistics computation issued by this
tool "Menu/Statistics/GSM/etc..." ?

Best regards,
Alain