Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Understanding what I'm seeing

From: Bill Baltas <wbaltas@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:30:19 -0700 (PDT)
Chad,

Your capture ports look okay. Could you have a capture filter defined in Wireshark?
Also, are you sure the capture workstation is not working properly.

One easy way to check the workstation is to turn off the capture to the
destination port (no
monitor session 1 destination interface Gi0/22). Give

this PC an IP address, turn on wireshark and browse the Internet. You should
see all of the TCP traffic to and from this machine. If you get the same
results as before, its a problem with your machine or your wireshark configuration.

Good Luck
Bill Baltas