Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Problem with Windows Vista and Wireshark

From: "Kordogiannis Themistoklis" <Themistoklis.Kordogiannis@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 18:34:35 +0300
Title: Welcome to the "Wireshark-users" mailing list
Dear all,

i've recently bought a Sony Vaio SZ5XN/C with Windows vista. My problem is that after installation
WinPcap 4 and Wireshark 0.99.6, when i start wireshark, the program doesn't find my ethernet card.
Could anybody help me with this? Both installations completed succesfully. The only mystery if you
want is in msinfo32 , npf.sys is not running, it's stopped! Even when i run wireshark. Could be this due
to the security features of vista? I've tried looking through the web for something related to that
but no luck!.Another program i've download (traceplus ethernet) didn't have any problem identifying
my ethernet cards (even the wireless adapted or the ppp vpn adapted).

If anybody can help, i'd appreciate it.

Regards
Themis