Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] FreeBSD & Running As User

Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 15:34:02 -0700 (PDT)
> Subject: Wireshark-users Digest, Vol 16, Issue 35
>    7. FreeBSD & Running As User (J)
>    8. Re: FreeBSD & Running As User (Stephen Fisher)
>    9. Re: FreeBSD & Running As User (Guy Harris)

Regarding my original post, thanks to Stephen and Guy
for their suggestions but there seems to be no way to
run Wireshark as a non-admin user.  What happens when
I try various methods of granting access, specifically
changing ownership of bpf0 by user or group, is that
another device (bpf*+1) is created each time Wireshark
is launched.  So if I've changed the permission on
bpf0, bpf1 is created to which I am denied access.
Change bpf1, and the program then looks for device
bpf2.  Any FreeBSD Wireshark/Ethereal users have a
solution?

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/3658