Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Time Display Format

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 06:57:29 +0200
Hi,

This feature was very recently added to the TCP dissector and is very likely to be available in the next release.

This is the commit record for the feature.
r22966 | sake | 2007-09-25 22:37:13 +0200 (Tue, 25 Sep 2007) | 13 lines

This patch adds two new fields to the tcp-dissector:

tcp.time_relative ==> the time that has elapsed since the
   first packet that was seen in the current TCP stream

tcp.time_delta ==> the time that has elapsed since the
   last packet that was seen in the current TCP stream

Calculating these timestamps is turned off by default to not
use the extra memory that is needed for the per-packet-data.
It can be turned on through the TCP protocol preferences

Thanx,
Jaap

Rafael.Almeida@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi all;
Is there any way to display a time format like described below:
Seconds since previous captured packet in the same TCP connection;

Something like a generic Service Response Time. It would be great to help to locate THE problematic connection between all others.
Thanks;
Rafael Sarres de Almeida
Se��o de Gerenciamento de Rede
Superior Tribunal de Justi�a