Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] slow loading cap file

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:14:42 -0400

Sometimes DNS lookups are cached (for faster subsequent lookups).

John Hinckley wrote:
Ok this is strange.  Just to make sure I rechecked "Enable concurrent DNS
name resolution" and it loaded just as quickly.  I also enabled name
resolution as well and it still loaded just as quickly.
The only thing I can think of is that I rebooted inbetween the last time I
loaded the capture file and loading it this time around.
Odd.

John