Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Initial Window Question

From: Becky Vict <becky_vict@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 07:33:16 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everyone,

I'm using Windows XP Pro on my server and according to the documentation the Initial Window size is set to 2 segments. Sure enough Wireshark shows this clearly.  However one thing that bugs me, it increments to 3 segments and does not grow anymore beyond that.  Total bytes are 4096 for these 3 segments and the client receive window is 17kB.  Anyone has any idea why the window does not grow?

Thanks.

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!