Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Sniffing PON traffic

From: "Pedro Tumusok" <pedro.tumusok@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 16:06:07 +0200
Hi,

I am wondering if anybody knows of any hardware that I can connect to a PC (PCI/USB 2.0 ?) running wireshark that lets me sniff PON traffic, specifically GEPON,
but GPON or EPON solutions are also interesteing.
What I'd like to look at is the traffic between the ONU and the OLT ie MPCP and the auto discovery process being done.

I have in my lab, an OLT, ONU and a splitter, so the idea is to connect the PC directly to the splitter to do the sniffing, but I am unaware if there is
any hardware that supports this or if wireshark supports it.

Any suggestions or ideas would be highly appreciated.

--
Best regards / Mvh
Jan Pedro Tumusok

"The essence of pleasure is spontaneity." - Germaine Greer