Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] issues with X11R6 libraries

From: toxic stink <toxicstink@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 17:16:36 -0700
I've installed wireshark on my Mac OSX machine using mac ports - "sudo port install wireshark" which installs wireshark-0.99.6 and everything seemed to go smoothly, however when I try to start wireshark like so - sudo /usr/local/bin/ wireshark

I get the following error:
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/wireshark
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
/usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
Trace/BPT trap

Looks like my version of X11 has libraries for the wrong architecture.... I've tried replacing libfreetype with a version compiled for MacOSX, but then another error pops up for a different library, but the same problem. Is there a good way to replace all the libraries or rebuild? I'm confused why my X11 would have libraries for the wrong architecture, I believe I got this from the MacOSX SDK.

Thanks,
  toxy