Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] A question about display fileds

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 17:17:09 +0200
Hi Scott,

> [...]
> However the exported data is just what is seen in the summary field and I am
> interested in listing all the fields from a Frame, Ethernet, IP header etc.
> I do not need the payload bytes.
>
> Can this be accomplished?

Yes, have a look at tshark, especially the following options:

  -T pdml|ps|psml|text|fields
                           format of text output (def: text)
  -e <field>               field to print if -Tfields selected (e.g. tcp.port);
                           this option can be repeated to print multiple fields
  -E<fieldsoption>=<value> set options for output when -Tfields selected:
     header=y|n            switch headers on and off
     separator=/t|/s|<char> select tab, space, printable character as separator
     quote=d|s|n           select double, single, no quotes for values

> Thank you.

You're welcome :-)

Please don't reply to other messages when you want to start a new
thread, it messes op threading in the archives. Please send a new
message to wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx instead.

Thank you,  :-)

Sake