Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark MPEG-4

From: "Jake Peavy" <djstunks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:50:50 -0600
On 8/30/07, Helder Gaspar Rodrigues <helder@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello everyone!

I´m new in wireshark but I would like to know if wireshark can decode
MPEG-4 streams via RTP.

Im streaming a mp4 file from vlc media player and capturing the rtp
packets. Decoding the rtp packets is not a problem. What I cant do is
decode the RTP payload with the MPEG-4 data.

The RTP payload type is 96.

Any help?

I'm interested in the answer to this question as well, but I'd like to know if anyone is using an up to date MPEG2_TS dissector?  The ones I got via hits on Google look pretty old ( network-research.org's dissector = 2004?)

Thanks,

--
-jp

When Chuck Norris exercises, the machine gets stronger.