Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Using TCP-reassembly

From: "John Smith" <mimsyboro@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:52:12 +0300
Hello,

I'm trying to write a small program that will extract some statistics
from CAPs containing SMB traffic.

Since this is a small program I want to use Wireshark/tcpdump to
filter out all other traffic and let the program assume that all the
packets are SMB.

My problem is that many SMB packets span a few TCP packets and are
reassembled via Wireshark. It would be very convenient for me to be
able to use this feature and not have to reassemble TCP myself.

Is there a way to export caps from Wireshark with the TCP `magically`
reassemebled so that my program can just treat the split packets as
really big TCP packets(ignoring the ethernet MTU)?

Thanks In Advance,
Mimsy