Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] WIN32 AutoStart Configuration for Wireshark

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 21:02:57 +0200
Hi,

Why start Wireshark just to capture? I've done this before with a simple command script that launches dumpcap, with some parameters for a circular buffer.

Thanx,
Jaap

J P wrote:
Hi,
I have been experimenting with no real success in getting Wireshark to automatically launch and continue capturing packets when a Windows XP computer is rebooted. The Windows XP computer is setup to AutoLogon (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315231) The intent is to have this computer capture data continuously. The following parameters must be applied to this instance of Wireshark:

    * Files are rotated every 60 minutes
* Maxium of 1000 files are kept in the Ring Buffer. * Specific Capture Filter applied to this capture. * Specific Interface to be used for this capture (ie there is more
      than one network interface card in computer).

Can this be done?
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanx, John