Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Playing RTP on Mac OS X?

From: Andreas <wireshark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 19:29:04 +0200
First:
Thanks, installing portaudio and re-installing wireshark helped with the first part of the issue.

On 15.08.2007, at 21:07, Luis EG Ontanon wrote:

Premise: I'm not a fink user but I build on a Mac with portaudio.

I do not know if there's a portaudio port in fink if so install it and
have fink call ./configure adding the --with-portaudio  argument.

configure is smart enough to enable portaudio, once it is available, as of ./configure --help :)

If not you need to build and install portaudio yoursef (As far as I
remember it builds smoothly on mac).

Yes, it does.
However, while I now have the player and can even see a graphic representation of the audio, it refuses to play. Exporting to .au still fails with "codec not supported".

greets,
Andreas