Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark sees Orinoco but does not capture

From: Jeanette Lee <jlee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 17:16:31 -0700
Folks,

I have a Win XP system + Orinoco (Gold) + WinPCAP 4.0.1 and Wireshark 0.99.6a and I'm seeing something odd.

Wireshark (and Windump) see the Orinoco (in their interface lists) and if I look at the details for the card in wireshark it even shows all of my SSIDs. But if I try to capture with it, I get no packets.

Thoughts?

I've tried setting and unsetting promiscuous mode with no luck.

Cheers,
jeanette-