Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] How to capture data Packets from GPRS Modem Sim Card

From: Martin Andersson <hello.martin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 22:07:03 +0200
Huzaifa.Johar wrote:

Hello Experts:

I have written a Client Server application in C sharp. My application is using GPRS modem connected through USB port to send and receive data.

I want to capture the traffic of my Client Server application but When I tried WireShark I could not found any of my actual data messages transferring over my application. The reason I found for this is that my messages only reside in the modem memory or Sim card and WireShark is unable to read the messages until and unless the message come over to computer memory.

If your computer is connected via the dial-up network you should be able to se the messages in wireshark. Even the PPP connection betwen your computer<->telephone. Are you capturing over your dial-up network? If you setup your call, you should be able to see the connection as a device in Capture::Interfaces

/Martin