Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Portable Wireshark Settings

From: "Misc" <misc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 23:32:36 +0000 (UTC)
Ulf Lamping wrote:

>Some time ago, John T. Haller from that page asked for a portable
>version of Wireshark - exactly for that reason, I've introduced the
>-P option ;-)

So I have you to thank for this life-saver switch :)

>P.S: a portable version could also serve as the "zip only" Win32
>version that was also requested some time ago ...

The U3 version after unzipping (and with -P switch) basically functions
as portable except for the need to install WinPCap and to change the
path in -P switch every time the folder is moved.

I tried relative paths (a dot to indicate current directory) but that
doesn't work.

So those two things still need to be addressed before U3 package
becomes truly portable.