Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] How does one post a message in reply to an existing thread

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 15:38:49 -0700
J P wrote:
How do I post a message in reply to an existing thread using the HTML List Viewer?

To which "HTML List Viewer" are you referring?

If you are referring to the mail archives linked to from

	http://www.wireshark.org/lists/

the answer, at least for the local archives, is "you don't - you subscribe to the list and mail to it using your mail reader". (They are intended to be used to browse the archives; they are not a general Web mail mechanism, and I suspect they use software not intended to be a general Web mail mechanism.)

I can't speak for the other archives; I don't know whether they provide any capability for sending to the list. The people to ask about those are the people who maintain those archives.