Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Portable Wireshark Settings

From: "Misc" <misc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 20:33:36 +0000 (UTC)
Ulf Lamping wrote:

>What does Help/About/Folders show?
>
>Regards, ULFL

"Personal configuration" and "Personal Plugins" point to AppData under
User Profile (in Documents & Settings). And that is precisely what the
problem is. How can I point it to my USB drive?

"Global Configuration" and "Global Plugins" correctly point to the
Wireshark folder on USB drive.

I have regular USB drive, not U3. So I simply unzipped the U3 package
to the desired location. Could that be a problem? Although if it's
truly portable, it should work correctly regardless...