Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Capture Error

From: "Susan" <ts_susan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:50:44 -0400 (EDT)
We are running Wireshark 99.6 to capture traffic leading up
to a problem situation.  Twice now it has failed while
capturing and generates a pop-up box saying something like
"We're sorry... wireshark has encountered an error" and
capture stops.  When you click "OK" on the error box, the
product closes.  So far it appears that Wireshark can not
remain running for a week (pattern has been failure about
day 5).  Can anyone shed some light on this?  Do we need
to restart capture once every other day or so to ensure
we do not stop capturing (we have missed have data for our
situation each of these two capture errors)?  We are writing
to 1M multifiles with no ring.  Capture restarts okay -- the
issue is we have failed to collect data for our situation.

Thank you, Susan
P.S.  I will write down text of error box next time (if we
  have not implemented therapeutic restarts).

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com