Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Installation problem on window 2003 standard edition

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 12:18:49 -0600
On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 05:08:11PM +0100, Coke, Norman wrote:

> I've just installed 0.99.6a and the font colors are not correct i.e
> the font is white, the tool tip text is the same as the tool tip
> background. The end result is that I can't read the text in the
> capture window since the text and the background are the same colour.

Are you running in 256-color mode (such as through terminal services)?
Newer GTK (our GUI library) versions have a bug in their handling of
256-color mode, which results in a display like that you described
above.  If you need to run it in 256-color mode, you can choose GTK1 at
the beginning of the installation as a work-around for now.

Steve