Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] capturing 802.11 management frames

From: "Xu Yao" <yaox06@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 12:16:56 +0200
Hello,

I have met several problems when trying to capture 802.11 management frames. Could anyone who has such experience help me?

1. A card in monitor mode is said to capture frames on a given channel, however, I have also noticed frames from other channels.
2. I have also noticed frame losses, but I don't know whether it's due to the driver of the card or the processing capacity of the machine.
3. Is there a way to capture all "probe request" packets sent on different channels when a station tries to attach itself to an AP?

Thanks.
Yao