Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] MAC address never changes?

From: d a <otto81494@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 12:01:01 -0700 (PDT)
I used wireshark for Gnuttella traffiic and filtered for a specified IP address. Every capture I make shows the MAC address of the host computer as the same (00:04:de:a3:08:01). I checked the MAC of my NIC and it is correctly shown each time. I dont understand why the traffic from different host computers always comes up as the same MAC. I am certain that these are all different computers. Its my understanding that these should be unique for each NIC. I attached a screen capture and would appreciate an explanation. Note that the destination MACs are identical. The other (source) is my MAC. The red and green filters are for "syn" and Fin" packets.
Thanks
Dave

Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

GIF image