Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Automating TCP stream extraction

From: "Nick Chorley" <nick.chorley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 08:37:07 +0100
Hi,

Wireshark's "Follow TCP stream" feature is quite useful to me and I'm wondering if there is any way to "automate" this process and write stream data to files. I am easily able to create filtering rules like "(ip addr eq 192.168.2.1 and ip addr eq 192.168.2.5) and (tcp.port eq 80 and tcp.port eq 5022)" and what I would like to do is have a list of these and be able to go trough each rule in the list, apply it and dump the stream output to a file. Is this at all possible with Wireshark or is there any other tool I can use to do this?

Regards,

Nicky Chorley