Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Use of WireShark to decode WiMAX MAC Messages

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:40:01 +0200
Hi,

Currently Wireshark can't do much other than MAC-to-MAC decoding. This is activated by packets with ethertype 0x08F0.

There is a set of decoding functions available, but no dissector that binds them together.

There is additional work in the pipeline, so keep an eye on this list and the developer list for things to come.

Thanx,
Jaap

Ollivier Mont-Reynaud wrote:
Hi,
I would like to know if there is any exemple of captured packet to be decoded by Wireshark. Actually, we cannot capture anything yet directly into Wireshark, but we ascii files generated by some debug tools embedded into our WiMAX equipment. What is the format expected by WireShark to recognize that it is WiMAX packets? Ollivier Mont-Reynaud