Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Low Level Ethernet Debugging

From: "Luis EG Ontanon" <luis.ontanon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 23:28:13 +0200
On 7/25/07, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Note that the statistics won't necessarily exactly correspond to the
time when you're doing the capture, as the mechanism for getting those
statistics knows nothing about any packet captures in progress.

The more challenging task would be estimating how many of those
dropped packets would had matched the capture filter... :-)

-- Marshall McLuhan