Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] (no subject)

From: "ronnie sahlberg" <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 09:12:15 +0000
windows dont support you capturing any traffic that goes across their loopback

On 7/16/07, mschwarz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mschwarz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hi,
i want to get the loadtime of my web application. other tools failed because
there are parallel downloads out of an javascript app. so i think about
trying
wireshark. do you think this might work or do you have any better
suggestion?

ok my problem by working with wiresharkis, that i don't get any traffic
information when i connect to the web application on localhost. it runs on
port
80. i see a lot of traffic and when i filter out port 80 when i connect to
www.google.com is seee the network traffic, too. but on localhost i get no
traffic(with and without filter). shouldnt be there localhost as destination
adress somewhere? what can i do to see the traffic to my localhost? i work
with
windows xp and im connected to an local network.

thanks in advance
michael