Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Fwd: Adding the 802.15.4 dissector...

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 18:59:17 +0200
Hi,

From what I remember from previous discussions, there's still work to do on the DLT-values. So without a look at the code there's little to tell.
Better take this discussion to the developer forum.

Thanx,
Jaap

Richard Fulcher wrote:
Hello all,

I am working on a 802.15.4 project and would like to use the dissector that has been produced by epan. I have patched wireshark and compiled it up, but, IEEE 802.15.4 does not appear on the list of protocols that I can decode from.

It is in the list of enabled dissectors, but not in the list when I right-click a captured packet and select "Decode as..." option.

I know that the proto_register () function is called, but I don't know if the registration is successful.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Richard.