Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Building latest tshark on FreeBSD 4.11

From: "Tom Melendez" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 21:01:35 -0700

On 7/9/07, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
Tom Melendez wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'd like to use wireshark (tshark actually) on a FreeBSD 4.11 box.  I'm
> getting the following error while compiling with gcc-2.95:
>
> dtd_grammar.c: In function `DtdParseTokenName':
> dtd_grammar.c:405: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
> dtd_grammar.c: In function `yy_reduce':
> dtd_grammar.c:1100: virtual memory exhausted
>
> I'm also using glib-2.6.6 .  Any ideas on how I can build this (hopefully
> without upgrading gcc, although if that is the bad news, then give it to
> me)?  My configure line is:

Googling for "gcc virtual memory exhausted" turns up this page at the
top of the list:

http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/v2faq/faq6_4.html

It says you might want to turn off optimization.

Else add swap space?

Thanks Jeff.  I tried two of the "simply" changes they suggested with no luck but will continue with the other changes they suggested and let the list know how I make out.

Thanks,

Tom