Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] RTP Stream Analyses [Marker Bit]

From: "Shuaib Siddiqui" <shuaibe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 16:27:01 +0200
Hi,

I streaming videos using VLC on the client side and Darwin Streaming Server on server side. When I analyse the rtp stream on the client side using Wireshark, I see some RTP with marker bit set and immediately after such RTP packet the jitter value is very high as compared to the previous one, plus it also displays Incorrect Timestamp. I looked up the marker bit in the RFC 1889 but they just state it as profile specific. Kindly, can anyone provide any further explanation? Plus does the abnormality in the jitter value means the jitter values further on are not credible ?
Thank you for yout time!

Shuaib
--
MSc in Communication Systems