Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] SSL Decrypt

From: "Asaf" <asaf.el@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 15:02:27 +0200

Hi,

I understand that I need the Private key of the server in order to decrypt the data in SSL, am I right? If so, I need to get my hands on it…

How it is obtained? (in Windows) if I use the explorer to view the certificate of the server, and then ask – Copy to file, I can save it with DER encoded binary X.509 (.CER), and then I can use OpenSSL to convert it to PEM right? But in this way I get the Public key of the server, no?

Could some one please explain to me if I need the public\private key of the server and also how do I get it?

Thanks in advance,

Asaf.