Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] having trouble compiling wireshark

From: "Rohit Grover" <rgrover1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 17:18:35 +1200
Hello,

I've installed libpcap 0.9.5 (from source) on my debian system and
done a 'make install' to setup libpcap.a. But I get the following
error when running ./configure for wireshark (0.99.5):

checking pcap.h usability... yes
checking pcap.h presence... yes
checking for pcap.h... yes
checking for pcap_open_live in -lpcap... no
checking for pcap_open_live in -lpcap with -lcfg -lodm... no
checking for pcap_open_live in -lpcap with -lpfring... no
configure: error: Can't link with library libpcap.

I've looked for an answer in the archives and under google, but no
luck so far. Could someone please tell me what's missing?

Thanks in advance,
Rohit Grover.