Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Bandwidth Utilization CSV??

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 12:05:51 -0700
On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 07:19:33AM -0400, Feeny, Michael (GPCT-CAI) wrote:

> Hi.  Is there a way to produce a "bandwidth utilization table"?  That
> is, a table that would show bandwidth utilization as a function of
> time, over the course of a capture file?

The bandwidth utilized in both directions added together for the entire
capture file can be found by going to Statistics -> Summary and looking
in the box at the bottom.  The capinfos program that comes with
Wireshark will also show this information about a capture file without
having to open it in Wireshark.

> It looks like the "Statistics / TCP Stream Graph / Throughput Graph"
> provides this information (B/s over Time), but I have some questions
> about it that I don't see addressed in the User Guide...
> *	Can I get a CSV corresponding to the Throughput Graph?

Not at this time.  If you're interested in this feature being added,
please open a bug report (and mark it as an enhancement request) at
http://bugs.wireshark.org.

> * When I click my mouse on the graph, it changes the scale of the
> axes, but I can't figure out how to control exactly how these scales
> change?

Are you clicking the middle button?  That zooms in or out.  You can
modify how it zooms by finding that window (that may be hidden behind the
graph at first) titled "Graph 1 - Control."  Hope this helps, I don't
use that graph usually so I'm not that familiar with it either.  Let us
know if you still have questions about it.

Steve