Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Installation problem.

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 09:18:19 -0700
A Kumar, Vijay (Vijay) wrote:

> But make is now creating problem. After executing make I am getting
> following error messages.
> Root # /usr/ccs/bin/make
> /usr/bin/perl ./make-version.pl .
> Version configuration file version.conf not found.  Using defaults.
> This is not a SVN build.
> svnversion.h is up-to-date.
> /usr/ccs/bin/make  all-recursive
> Making all in tools
> Making all in lemon
> gcc -D_U_=""   -o lemon
> gcc: No input files
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `lemon'
> Current working directory /var/tmp/pkgs/wireshark-0.99.5/tools/lemon
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
> Current working directory /var/tmp/pkgs/wireshark-0.99.5/tools
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
> Current working directory /var/tmp/pkgs/wireshark-0.99.5
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
>
> Can anyone tell what is the problem.

If you're determined to compile Wireshark yourself, you might try using
GNU make instead of Sun's make.

If you just want to get Wireshark up and running, you might want to use
Blastwave.org instead of Sunfreeware.  Once you have Blastwave set up
(http://www.blastwave.org/howto.html) you can run 'pkg-get install
wireshark' to install Wireshark.